Toronto’s recently announced lockdown will affect a large number of non-essential services, however certain essential services have been exempted including schools, before & after school programs, and child-care services.
As an after-school program based out of the Giles School, Bot Camp does fall into this exemption category. The official release from the Province of Ontario can be found here:
As always, we are committed to providing the safest experience possible at Bot Camp. Our programs will continue to operate with our COVID-19 protocols in place, based on the Hospital of Sick Children’s guidelines for the re-opening of schools.
Our protocol includes, but is not limited to:
- limit of 8 students maximum
- 1:1 student to robot ratio
- no sharing of parts, computers, or controllers
- non-contact body temperature screening of all students and staff
- mandatory face-masks for all students and staff*
- mandatory hand sanitization when entering & exiting the lab
- transparent isolation guards between individual student desks
- all parts, equipment and contact surfaces disinfected with benzalkonium chloride prior to individual student use
*families are asked to provide their own face-masks, but a limited number of disposable masks are available
We understand that it is impossible to completely eliminate the risk of COVID-19, but we are committed to doing everything we can to provide you with the safest environment possible.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our programs or protocol, please don’t hesitate to contact us at 647-800-1100 or email@example.com.