Toronto’s recently announced lockdown will affect a large number of non-essential services, however certain essential services have been exempted including schools, before & after school programs, and child-care services.
As an after-school program based out of the Giles School, Bot Camp does fall into this exemption category. The official release from the Province of Ontario can be found here:
As always, we are committed to providing the safest experience possible at Bot Camp. Our programs will continue to operate with our COVID-19 protocols in place, based on the Hospital of Sick Children’s guidelines for the re-opening of schools.
Our protocol includes, but is not limited to:
- limit of 8 students maximum
- 1:1 student to robot ratio
- no sharing of parts, computers, or controllers
- non-contact body temperature screening of all students and staff
- mandatory face-masks for all students and staff*
- mandatory hand sanitization when entering & exiting the lab
- transparent isolation guards between individual student desks
- all parts, equipment and contact surfaces disinfected with benzalkonium chloride prior to individual student use
*families are asked to provide their own face-masks, but a limited number of disposable masks are available
We understand that it is impossible to completely eliminate the risk of COVID-19, but we are committed to doing everything we can to provide you with the safest environment possible.